Friday, May 22, 2015

Normal Eating

Writing down my "not so great" eating habits will help me realize that they are just that--eating habits and not excuses to say "BLOW IT!", you can't be perfect, may as well binge....

-Finishing bites off my boys' plates. This is "normal" and okay and is in no reason a reason to stray and binge
-Eat popcorn. Just because this has been a "binge food" in the past doesn't a bite of it means I need to eat the whole bag and then some. "NORMAL EATING" includes bites here and there and not meaning anything.
-Eating a little chocolate after dinner. Or what I feel like instead of what I had planned in my head.
-Eating something someone drops off or brings over. This may not be in my head's "plan" but it's "NORMAL" to have some.

 I haven’t been uncomfortably full in 8 and 1/2 years, nor would I have any desire to be. But, have I been full after a nice dinner at a restaurant?  Absolutely.  Have I eaten a dessert even after I was satisfied from my meal, simply because it was delicious?  Yes!  Have I been physically satisfied, yet chosen to have a few more bites of a favorite dish?  Yep!  Have I been offered a snack when not physically hungry, and ate it anyway, just to be social or because it looked good?  Yep!  On the flip side, have I not eaten enough in a day because I was so busy, or hadn’t gone to the grocery, or because I didn’t have as much of an appetite? Certainly.

No comments:

Post a Comment