Sunday, May 17, 2015

Sunday Positivity

Yesterday was one of those rare days well I was "thrown off" eating, but I managed better than I had in the past, though I still got over-fed. I learned that it's better for me to not snack, but to manage meals. I felt no real hunger yesterday, but enjoyed the act of eating to eat. Like protein bars, pnut butter pretzels, and chocolate chip cookies.
None of it satisfied me. Perhaps that's the whole argument behind processed foods never satisfying. Though had I made myself even a baked apple or oatmeal, I'd feel much more satisfied, with less calories overall.
Proud of the fact that I navigated a baby shower with food. I wasn't hungry, but still managed to eat socially without losing fat loss goals. I had chicken salad and green salad. And didn't "throw it all out" and then dive into the cookies and such.
Last night, thrown off with an early dinner and lunch, I just dove into the cookies and such. It was fine, but "food without breaks". Looking back, I would have been better going on a walk, weeding, or just doing SOMEthing because I was using food as a distraction really from boredom. I was BORED and it felt good to much.
I chose that, and I'm not even looking back.
Today choose to eat when I'm hungry. To eat foods that make me feel good.
I am in control of my feelings and where my head goes.
I am strong, lean, and capable. I am smart and a good teacher to my kids and the youth.
I can have a small bowl of ice cream, enjoy it, and not let it pull me away from my fat-loss and moderation goals. I can have ice cream. I can have a brownie. I can stop at one. I can eat just one. I'm in control.
I love myself and am happy and responsible for every choice I make!

No comments:

Post a Comment