Thursday, May 14, 2015

positivity breakthru!

Mind-blown with Primal Potential's podcast this morning! Exactly what I needed to hear and exactly the puzzle piece missing the past, what, 20 years of my food battles--the self-limiting thoughts I've put on myself.

"IF YOU ARGUE FOR YOUR LIMITATIONS, YOU GET TO KEEP THEM!"
This resonates so much for me because I'm always labeling myself one way or another and then, guess what--I act the way that I prescribe myself to act. I've kept my limitations!
For instance:
"I'm a binge-eater", "I have no control over my food choices at night", "I use food to soothe myself and relax", "I can never eat just one cookie", "I eat well all day and at night I go crazy", "I have no control", "Once I have a carb, I have to eat all the carbs", "I've always struggled and always will struggle"...on and on and on.


STOP PRESCRIBING NEGATIVE BEHAVIOR FOR MYSELF!

It will happen the way I see it play out in my head!
I will achieve exactly the result that I have anticipated! So at night, when I say, "I have no control over food at night" and "I use food to relax" and "I can never eat just one protein bar", then I'm then acting that out. My body will live the actions that is the conversation in my head. I'm living the way that my brain has instructed me to.
Last night, I had already had it in my head that I can never eat one protein bar and never feel satisfied, so I acted out the play-by-play! After dinner, I had one protein bar and then the voice inside my head said, "you have no control with these". Go for chocolate. Go for more.

I can replace my night time feelings with, "yes if I want a protein bar, I can have one! I can always just taste one, or eat a bite of it, or all!" I have control over my body! I choose foods that help me sleep well, relate to my kids well.
"I am secure knowing there is always enough food available."
"I know I can meet my needs when I'm craving something, or when I'm hungry."
"I don't love the taste of Diet Coke and how it makes me feel, but I love water!"
"I am not affected by decisions I made yesterday. I am positive, full-of-light, and capabilities!"
"I take pride in being a mother."
"I am a mom which is the most important job in the world."
"I am influential and full of knowledge and light and truth."
"I am full of wisdom to share with others."
"I am making decisions every day that bring me closer to God."
"I am present and aware of my own needs and will not every lead myself astray."

No comments:

Post a Comment